Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Plenty : Eating Locally on a 100 Mile Diet




Plenty: Eating Locally on the 100-Mile Diet

Price: $11.04

What I Say:
This is a very interesting and inspiring book. It tells the story of a couple that chose to eat only food grown within 100 miles of them for a year. It chronicles not only their culinary journey, but also the impact that it has on their relationship. It also talks a lot about the pros for eating locally grown food, and the impact importation has on the world.

What Others Say:
I read Plenty the year it was first published. The copy I bought this time is for a member of my family. This book was so great, I read it to my husband aloud in the car on a trip we took. It is chock full of information we all should know about the food we eat and at the same time, never boring. It is one of the most reader-friendly books I've read in my entire life and it actually "sucked me in".

No comments:

Post a Comment